A food display case can be a great way to increase sales in any food service operation, including coffee shops, restaurants, airports, grocery stores, convenience stores and more. There are a variety of options for food display cases available in the market, which makes it difficult for the vendors to pick the right case. To make thing easier, we have compiled different types of food display cases and the important factors that can help you deciding what display case is right for you.
Types of food display cases
1. Meat Cabinet Cases – Meat cabinet cases are refrigerated single level cases that are designed to hold meat, seafood and poultry items without letting them freeze. Glass classes are used to shield unwrapped meat and they are ideal for butcher shops. There are also a number of open air models that are perfect for meat products used in supermarkets. These open air models have frost inhibitors, which prevent the glass from frosting. The seafood specific cases often have trays to gather the run-off water.
2. Deli Cases – Deli cases are refrigerated display cases, which hold around 40 degree Fahrenheit and have multiple cases. These cases retain moisture and helps in keeping the products inside fresh.
3. Bakery Cases – There are both refrigerated and non-refrigerated bakery cases. Refrigerated cases feature the same temperature as deli cases, though they have less moisture. These bakery cases are perfect for keeping house items such as cakes, baked goods, pies or some baked dessert items.
4. Open Display Merchandisers – These display merchandisers are perfect for grab and go items like dairy, vegetables and impulse purchases.
When shopping for display cases, there are certain factors that need to be taken care of. Here are some important factors that you need to examine while shopping-
1. Size – Display cases come in various sizes. It is important that you measure the space where you want to place the display case and accordingly buy one. Also, it look unappealing to customers to see a display case overly full or empty, so always purchase display case as per your business needs.
2. Temperature – It is one of the most important factors in deciding the type of deli case you want. Knowing what you’ll store and the temperature it will be stored in will help you choose the display with the right temperature.
3. Humidity – There are some products that need humidity for storing and there are some that do not need humidity. There are many display cases with adjustable humidity that allow humidity to be turned up and down as per the needs.
If you are looking for display cases, then look no further. Here at Marc Refrigeration, we have a wide range of display cases suiting individual needs and requirements. To know more, call us at: (305)691-0500.